How to block any website from opening in microsoft edge (or any other browser)
If you need to block a website for any reason, follow this step by step guide and it will block it on all browsers.
- You will need administrator permissions to do this Click here to find out how to set up an admin account
- Login as your admin
- Open File explorer and go to this directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
- Open the hosts file right click on the file and select open in notepad
- after the very last line move your cursor to the end of the line and press enter
- then type this exactly the line below 127.0.0.1 www.websitename.com
- Save and close the file, this will block the website from ever opening
I did this 4 days ago and haven't been bothered since. Before it was happening 4 or 5 times a day really annoying.
SELL SELL SELL